Browse to https://blackboard.sc.edu and click on the Login button. Enter your University username and password.
On the right-hand side click Course. A list of your course will be display on the right.
Locate the “Sandbox” course by searching for DL-GMOORE-TEST and click on it. This course was created so that you can explore and test Blackboard Collaborate Ultra without disrupting your own courses.
Once inside the course click on Course Tools, found on the left-hand menu and then click on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
To create a session, click on Create Session. Under Event Details, you can start the session immediately or set the session to start at a later time.
Under Session Settings, you can set permission for participants to be able to share their audio and video. If you want a student to be able to share their audio, video, and screen, you can change their role to Presenter in the attendees tab during the session.
Click Save when you are finished adjusting the settings of the session.
To join a session, click on the Session Options icon (circle with three dots) on the right-hand side and select Join Session from the menu.
Before you start your session, please make sure to record the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Class Session. All online classes must be recorded. To record the session, click on the sessions tab on the top left-hand side menu and click Start Recording. You will see a “Recording Session” notification and the camera in the top left-hand side will have a red dot, noting recording.
Once the class session has completed, to stop recording the session, click on the sessions tab and click on Stop Recording. To leave the session, click on the sessions tab and click Leave Session at the bottom left hand side of the window.
More Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Tutorial Videos
- How do I review users and Join a Session in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
- How do I record a session, share content, and use the chat room in Blackboard Collaborate?
- How do I work with students and share content in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
- How do I close out a session, generate reports, and review my session in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra?
- How to conduct and download polls in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- How to setup course view, favorites and change course image in Blackboard
- Sharing PowerPoint Presentations Using Two Different Methods (YouTube Video)
For an online user guide, see Blackboard Collaborate’s online help guide.
The Academic Technology department is available to provide support or help you run a test session. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional training is available through The Center for Teaching Excellence. More details can be found on their website.